Understanding the Rubric with a Case by Dr Prasad Arvind Rasal 

Cured cases

Originally published to Homeopathy World Community on July 16, 2010 at 1:34pm

Understanding the Rubric with a Case

Timidity, Business, in transacting: Op

Timidity means

1 easily frightened; lacking self-confidence; shy; timorous

2 showing fear or lack of self-confidence; hesitant (a timid reply)

Business means

1 one’s work, occupation, or profession

2 a special task, duty, or function

3 rightful concern or responsibility (no one’s business but his own)

4 a matter, affair, activity, etc. (the business of packing for a trip)

5 the buying and selling of commodities and services; commerce; trade

6 a commercial or industrial establishment; store, factory, etc

7 the trade or patronage of customers

8 commercial practice or policy

9 a bit of action in a drama, as pouring a drink, intended to establish character, take up a pause in dialogue, etc.

Transacting means

1 to carry on, perform, conduct, or complete (business, etc)

2 [Rare] to do business; negotiate

The complete meaning of this rubric is there is timidity in transacting his or her business. Generally, we consider the exact word meaning of the word ‘Business’. But if we will think in depth regarding the word, we can consider the huge understanding of it according the situation.

For every person, his or her business is different. For e.g.

1. If I am in such a situation that I require money from my parents for certain purpose. At that time, it becomes my business to ask for the same towards them.

2. If one has to tell someone regarding something which is very important for both of them, it becomes his or her business at that specific time.

3. If one has to convey some message to a senior at a particular time, it becomes his or her business at that time.

Let me explain a short case in which I have considered this specific rubric & case got solved.

In my Homoeopathic Workshop, one student came from very long distance for learning the Homoeopathy. Next day after the Workshop, she attended my O.P.D. to understand how I use to prescribe & deals with the patient from 9am to 1pm.

During whole period she was sitting quiet & listening whatever I was discussing. After the O.P.D. was finished, she went in her room & started crying loudly. When I was passing from her room, I observer she was crying very loudly. I couldn’t understand what has happened to her within 5-10 min. period. So, I asked her friend regarding it. She told, Sir, she was getting very severe Pain in abdomen since morning. I asked her why don’t you told it to me. She said how to tell you Sir. Actually, you were teaching so nicely at that time. I feel how I can say such a thing.

So, at that time it was her business to tell me from whatever she was suffering so that I could have prescribed some medicine to her. But, due to her timid nature, she never expressed her feeling.

So, I considered this rubric & told her that this was your mental state during that specific time. I asked her to take a dose of Opium 30 for her pain in abdomen. But she was not ready to take it. Again when I forcefully asked her why she is not ready to take the medicine, then hesitantly she answered (Same mental state) that she is under Homoeopathic Treatment of another Homoeopath who had prescribed her Stramonium for Polycystic Ovarian Disease 45 days back. But, still she never got her periods. So, I asked her to take Opium 30 with the kind permission of that Homoeopath. Her pain in abdomen stopped immediately & within a week, she got periods.

Sometimes, it can be mistaken as: Anxiety, Conscience, of

But, this is not an Anxiety but a fear or timidity. Because,

Anxiety means

1 a state of being uneasy, apprehensive, or worried about what may happen; concern about a possible future event

2 Psychiatry an abnormal state like this, characterized by a feeling of being powerless and unable to cope with threatening events, typically imaginary, and by physical tension, as shown by sweating, trembling, etc.

3 an eager but often uneasy desire

Conscience means

1 a knowledge or sense of right and wrong, with an urge to do right; moral judgment that opposes the violation of a previously recognized ethical principle and that leads to feelings of guilt if one violates such a principle

2 [Obs.] a) consciousness b) inner thoughts or feelings

The meaning of the whole rubric is it is the inner moral feeling to introspect that whether he is not at fault/ whether he is not troubling anyone unnecessarily or unknowingly etc.

Thank You!

0 Comments

Leave a reply

iDevAffiliate

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account