For example, you might state one (or more) of the following points:
- that you noticed that the current strategic plan omits Homeopathic medicine as a form of Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM);
- that homeopathy should receive further study because this modality is very popular in the U.S.;
- that homeopathy deserves to be studied because it is such a cost-effective healing modality;
- that you/your family have been using homeopathy effectively for years (or decades);
- and that you would very much like for NCCAM to fund research to prove to others why homeopathy has worked so well for two centuries, etc.
A 2007 study by the Centers for Disease Control showed that Homeopathy is one of the top 10 "integrative" treatments for both adults and children (number 5 in kids) which is pretty good considering that "deep breathing", meditation, guided imagery, and progressive relaxation were all in the top 10 as well. Homeopathy accounts for nearly 8.9% of out-of-pocket spending by the American public on 'alternative' therapies.