Creating Waves of Awareness
-----GAR TERI AAWAZ PE NA AYE KOI , TO CHAL AKELA RE-----
These words of Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore was adopted by Great Hahnemann . Now we have to follow this.....
---- LOG CHALTE GAYE , KARWAN JURTA GAYA-----
Honesty, Humbleness, love, friendship will attract more people towards Homoeopathy as we all are in HWC....
In my opinion Homeopathy has it's due place in medical sciences.Numerous surveys over the past 150 plus years have confirmed that people who seek homeopathic treatment tend to be considerably more educated than those who don't . What is not as well known is the fact that homeopathic medicine is the leading "alternative" treatment used by physicians in Europe...and growing numbers of the citizenry.
And despite homeopathy's impressive popularity in Europe, it is actually even more popular in India where over 100 million people depend solely on this form of medical care . Further, according to an A.C. Neilsen survey in India, 62 percent of current homeopathy users have never tried conventional medicines and 82 percent of homeopathy users would not switch to conventional treatments.
The entire field of "alternative and complementary medicine" was so hot in the 1980s that, according to a respected market survey, the field of alternative and complementary medicine in Europe was second only to the computer industry for growth during this decade . This explosion of interest in natural medicine has continued in the 21st century.
In 1998, homeopathy was the most frequently used CAM therapy in five out of 14 surveyed countries in Europe and among the three most frequently used CAM therapies in 11 out of 14 surveyed countries . Three out of the four Europeans know about homeopathy and of these people 29 percent use it for their own health care. In other words, approximately 100 million Europeans use homeopathic medicines .
The sales of homeopathic and anthroposophical medicines grew by 60 percent between 1995 and 2005, from 590 million Euros in 1995 to 775 million Euros in 2001 and to $930 million Euros in 2005 . Because of homeopathy's impressive and growing popularity in Europe, this alternative treatment poses a significant threat to conventional medicine, which may explain why there are ongoing efforts to attack it (and homeopaths) using devious and questionably ethical means.
(1) Rothstein, W. Physicians in the Nineteenth Century. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 1972.
(2) Prasad R. Homoeopathy booming in India. Lancet, 370:November 17, 2007,1679-80. (Additional note: Even though the overall mortality rate in India is quite poor compared with most modern First World countries, this is primarily due to the large number of exceedingly poor people. The mortality rate of urban middle and upper class people in India is comparable, if not better, than similar populations in the USA.)
(3) A C Neilsen survey backs homeopathy benefits. Business Standard. September 4, 2007. http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/a-c-nielsen-survey-back...
(4) "Alternative Medicine/Alternative Medical Market," Frost and Sullivan Ltd. Report #E874, London, 1986.
(5) Norges offentlige utredninger, NOU 1998:21 Alternativ medisin. (Official report published by the Norwegian Department of Health. Available at: http://www.regjeringen.no/en/ministries/hod/Documents/NOUer/1998/NO...
(6) di Sarsina PR, Iseppato I. Looking for a person-centered medicine:non convent8onal medicine in the conventional European and Italian setting. eCAM, 2009; doi:10.1093/ecam/nep048.
(7) ECHAMP, Facts and Figures, Second edition, 2007. www.echamp.eu
(8) L'Homeopathie en 1993. Lyons: Syndicat National de la Pharmacie Homeopathique, 1993 (Quoting COFREMCA and IFOP public opinion surveys).