Cucurbita Pepo or pumpkin seeds are useful in intense nausea immediately after eating. Vomiting of pregnancy. Seasickness. One of the most efficient and least harmful of taeniafuges.
- Taeniafuge is an agent that expels tapeworms from the body.
- The unshelled form of pumpkin seeds will provide the most amount of the mineral zinc. While the husk or shell contains no zinc, the thin endosperm envelope layer directly beneath the shell has some zinc.
Eating the entire pumpkin seed—shell and all—will ensure that all of the zinc-containing portions of the seed will be consumed.
Whole roasted, unshelled pumpkin seeds contain about 10 milligrams of zinc per 3.5 ounces.
Shelled roasted pumpkin seed kernels contain about 7-8 milligrams. Those few milligrams will increase the uptake of zinc.
- Recent studies have shown that pumpkin seeds provide us with vitamin E in a variety of forms, including: alpha-tocopherol, gamma-tocopherol, delta-tocopherol, alpha-tocomonoenol, and gamma-tocomonoenol. These last two forms have only recently been discovered in pumpkin seeds, and their health benefits—including antioxidant benefits—are a topic of current interest in vitamin E research, since their bioavailability might be greater than some of the other vitamin E forms.
- When home roasting pumpkin seeds, after scooping them from your fresh pumpkin, carefully watch that they do not over bake or burn. Put a timer on for 15-20 minutes, since it has been recorded that the fats will change to unhealthy fat molecules after 20 minutes.
- Pumpkin Hand Out
- Pumpkin seed oil can inhibit testosterone-induced hyperplasia of the prostate. You might consider eating pumpkin seeds throughout the year.
- Variability of vitamin E content in pumpkin seeds
- Nausea in pregnancy