If proper homoeopathic help could be made available to the patient even in early stage of malignancies cure takes place, as defined by Hahnemann in Aphorism No.2 of his Organon of Medicine. The basic laws of homoeopathy are universal and natural laws, so they are true always. Hereunder I am presenting a case of Malignant Meningioma which has been cured long ago, in the real sense.
Mosby’s Medical Encyclopedia explains the meningioma as follows:
a tumor of the meningeal membranes covering the brain and spinal cord. Meningiomas often grow slowly. They usually contain blood vessels. The tumors may vary in shape and structure. They may invade the skull, causing weakening of the bones and pressure on the brain tissue. Meningiomas usually occur in adults. They follow in some cases after a head injury.
Malignant meningioma - meningioma that either invades brain parenchyma or metastasizes. (Stedman’s Electonic Medical Dictionary)
As Mosby’s Encyclopedia says that Meningiomas usually occur in adults. They follow in some cases after a head injury.
The patient in the present case is a young man of 22 years of age. But the patient has a history of falling from a height. He might have incurred injury to head also. The case was treated in 1992 at that time the patient was a student of BHMS III year at Homoeopathic Medical College, Kanpur.
The past history of the case (vide Summary Card of Sanjay Gandhi P. G. I. of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, where the patient was under treatment before the homoeopathic treatment was atarted):
• Hemiparesis, left.
• Brachioma maryneuralgia.
• Asphixial fits for one year.
• High i-carn. Tension.
The patient was actually suffering from various such complaints for the past ten years.
• Pain in whole cranium, used to have severe attacks from time to time.
• The pain used to be worse in temples.
• History of falling from a height.
• Numbness and formication in left arm.
• Recurrent episodes of reflex projectile vomitings without preceding nausea.
• Vomitus sometimes fluid and sometimes of food also.
• Visual disturbances. Sudden loss of vision, can not read for the past one year.
• Reflex choking and breathing difficulty for the last one year, attacks are episodic.
• Attacks of vertigo, whirling sensation and giddiness for the past ten years.
• No history of hypertension.
• Non smoker, non alcoholic.
• No significant lymph nodes.
He had been given Radio Therapy at Sanjay Gandhi P. G. I. of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, on 19 – 2 – 1991; 11 – 12 – 1991 and 24 – 1 – 1992. (See photo of the Summary Card below:
He was advised complete rest mental as well as physical by the Institute. Which was not possible for the patient as he was a student BHMS, III year. His whole carrier was at stake. He was looking for the alternative to get rid of his disease along with continuance of his studies.
So, as already stated he approached me through post. He related his story in the letter dt. 31st January 1992 (photo copy produced below) and begged for my help. Whatever symptoms were given I the letter were considered and the medicines I made out sent by post with instructions to take them.
Asterias rubens 30
was sent in potions containing 4-5 globules of No. 10 size in little sugar of milk to be taken one potion daily.
Later some potions of Conium maculatum 200
were also sent at an interval of one month. On the day Conium maculatum was to be taken Asterias rubens was skipped.
There was some aggravation in the beginning in the size of the meningioma but later it reduced and finally vanished completely. (See CT Scan reports reproduced below).
On 22nd February 1992 it was confirmed in CT scan that the patient has Meningioma in left parasaggittal region. Previous diagnosis was based on exploratory cytology. In the first CT Scan the size of the tumor was 1x2 mm.
When the CT Scan was done on 19th August 1992 the size of the tumor was 2x3 mm. But the patient was feeling amelioration in the general under homoeopathic treatment.
On 20th September 1992 the CT Scan revealed the size of the tumor as 2x2 mm. This shows also the pathological improvement.
Finally the CT Scan done on 26th December 1992 shows NORMAL study i. e. no presence of the tumor.
When it was found that the tumor has gone the medication was stopped. The patient regained his normal health and remained healthy to this day 19th October 2008 i. e. even after sixteen years. In the light of Aphor. 2 of the ORGANON OF MEDICINE which reads - "The highest ideal of cure is rapid, gentle and permanent restoration of the health, or removal and annihilation of the disease in its whole extent, in the shortest, most reliable, and most harmless way, on easily comprehensible principles."
I can claim now after 16 years that the patient has been CURED.
The patient qualified his BHMS at due time. He regained his intelligence which is higher than normal people. After completing his studies he started practice at Kashipur, Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand. Later he started his own Nursing Home there and enjoying good clientele. Now he is doing yeoman’s work in homoeopathy.
The wonder of the wonders is – the body of any individual develops from a single cell (Stem cell) from division of which all kinds of cells develop and consequently building up the complete body before birth which goes on growing into different milestones of the life from infancy to old age; therefore when Asterias rubens can produce in its pathogenesy so can CURE cancer of the breast can’t it cure the cancer of brain with its general symptoms present in a patient?
Some symptoms taken into consideration for the diagnosis:
(1) of Asterias rubens -
Clarke – It powerfully affects the mind and head, producing symptoms strongly suggesting apoplexy.
Certain forms of cerebral congestion with obstinate constipation.
Sudden sensation of fullness in the head, as if congested.
Electric shocks in the head.
Irritable, slightest cause moves her to tears.
This agent produces cerebral congestion, epilepsy, neuralgia, and chorea.
The diseases that are cured by this remedy are functional in origin, with the exception of cancerous diseases, especially cancer of the breast, in which it has been curative even in the stage of ulceration.
C. Hering –
• Feeling of extreme anxiety from noon to 3 P.M.
• Ill-humored and disposed to weep.
• After mental exertions, brain agitated.
• Vertigo : transitory; when walking, with insensibility of lower limbs.
• Determination of blood to head; sensation of fullness, heat; it feels as if it would split.
• Sudden pain on right side of head.
• Pain in vertex as if skull would break.
• Disposition to sleep after reading a moment.
• Eruption on thighs and insteps of small itching vesicles which tear easily and form superficial ulcer. Itch.
By analogy I concluded to use Asterias rubens after going through Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica.of Clarke and the Guiding Symptoms of Our Mteria Medica by C. Hering. My analogy was proved correct (1). by the outcome of the prscription; (2) by Vitoulkas – when I read his Materia Medica Viva.
Vithoulkas - An analogy may be drawn between the tendency of a malignant tumor to develop fast as an outlet for inner imbalances, and the brain or nervous system's tendency to proceed towards its own particular outlet in the form of twitchings, convulsions, chorea or intellectual over activity. After mental exertions, the brain feels agitated. With such a constitution it is not difficult to understand that all symptoms will become worse from drinking coffee.
Electric shocks in the brain with internal pressure. It powerfully affects the circulation in head, producing symptoms strongly suggesting apoplexy. The face is red, and there is strong congestion to the head, which is hot and feels as if surrounded with hot air. This remedy, due to its symptomatology, should be considered in tumors of the brain as well.
(2) of Conium maculatum –
• H. C. Allen says Conium maculatum has Glandular induration of stony hardness; of mammae and testicles in persons of cancerous tendency; after bruises and injuries of glands (compare, Aster. rub.).
• Vertigo: especially when lying down or turning in bed; moving the head slightly, or even the eyes; must keep head perfectly still; in turning the head to the left (Col.); of old people; with ovarian and uterine complaints.
• Great difficulty in voiding urine; flow intermits, then flows again; prostatic or uterine affections. In urinating the water flows at first in a full stream, then stops, flows again, again stops," &c.
Dr. Kent says – "This medicine is a deep, long acting antipsoric, establishing a state of disorder in the economy that is so far reaching and so long lasting that it disturbs almost all the tissues of the body."
♣ More Cases from Dr Mamgaim