Creating Waves of Awareness
Mrs K had vague complaints such as pains and weakness after an emotional shock, and she was taken immediately to their family physician. The physician after knowing the fact that there are no obvious reasons, injected one medicine, and she felt better immediately. The injection he had given was nothing but normal saline. This kind of injections may not be given by the majority of physicians, but a few physicians who are intelligent enough to diagnose the real cause often use the same for quick result. As a result of vide popularity of injection, many people think that injection is mandatory for immediate cure.
Myths This is another kind of myth. Whenever there is injury of any kind, the first response from the bystanders is Tetanus Toxoid injection (TT), commonly called by the people as ‘poison injection’ or ‘septic injection’. People think that without this injection, the wound can lead to catastrophe! The ordinary people are having certain wrong notions about the TT injection, and the doctors never try to change these wrong notions due to obvious reasons. People think that TT injection is a method to protect the wound from all sources of sepsis. Many people even think that TT works immediately, and is a must for wound healing, without that there is chance for cellulites and abscess, toxemia etc.
1. Covering the wounds tightly can favor the development of spores of tetanus at the site (Anaerobic condition)
2. So far, even immunized people have suffered from Tetanus.
3. There are spores of tetanus bacteria in the intestine of animals including human beings (They live inside harmoniously!)
4. There are thousands of unimmunized people who have not suffered from infection.
5. Tetanus spores are not commonly seen unlike other pathogenic organisms.
6. It takes minimum 4 to 5 days for the antibodies to increase in level after TT injection.
7. It is said to protect only from Clostridium Tetani.
8. It has no role against other disease causing organisms, which are very common around us.
9. It has no role in wound healing.
10. Also there are lots of side effects and after effects from the vaccine.
So, whenever you get injury, give prime importance to prevention of blood loss, and concentrate on wound cleaning, and take suitable medicines for fast healing and to prevent complications.
Still you want to go for poison injection? If yes, I have nothing more to say. Its your fate :(
('you' means the public, not HWC members)
Dr Muhammed Rafeeque