selection of potency is always a big question; here I tried something in this matter. I am posting some points for selection of potency which I tried to make according to thought of Dr. Vijayakar i.e. Homoeopathy is mathematics.
Our living-body is made up of two plane, one is mental/ intellectual/ immaterial, and second is physical/ materialistic. And importance is given from mental (MAN- immaterialist) to physical (BODY-materialist) and more destructive miasm to less or from syphilis to psora.
The potencies are available with us from 3 to CM i.e. from more materialistic to immaterialistic form.
On physical plane :
• 3 or 6 potency for hard/ shallow sycosis like hard tumors, blind hemorrhoids, sexual desire decreased etc.
• 30 potency for sycosis-excess like soft tumors, hypertension, diabetes, hyperthyroid, sexual desire increased, nasal catarrh etc.
• 200 potency for syphilitic disease like Necrosis and apolysis, impotency etc.
Imp: syphilitic disease on physical plane appear as more of liquefy rather then hardness or softness i.e. between sycosis and psora without doubt it comes after sycosis.
• 1M potency for psora like irritation/ pain etc.
On mental plane,
• 1M potency for sycosis hard/less i.e. obsession, permanent fear, persisted thought, lack of confidence, timidity, reserved, rigidity etc.
• 10M for mental sycosis excess boasting, show off, braggart, squandering, foppish, adulterous, dogmatism, lasciviousness etc.
• 50M for syphilitic : destructiveness, rage, perversion, sexual desire aversion (in reproductive age), Homosexuality etc.
• CM for psoric manifestation like sympathy, benevolence, kindness, conscientiousness etc. (if results in pathologic)
• Ultimate cure ultimate
• Mental plane is more important then physical plane i.e. if we find sycotic symptoms/sign on physical and mental plane both, then the selection of potency is from mental plane.
• Miasms are more important then any plane i.e. if we find sycotic mental with syphilitic physical then selection of potency will be from physical syphilitic ground.
• We can increase and decrease potency according to the sensitivity of the individual.