Homeopathy World Community (HWC) invites the submission of articles, blogs, book-reviews, research and correspondence that relate to homeopathy, health, and alternative wellness therapies. The purpose of our Community is to provide a platform for a repository for learning, professional growth and interaction for the homeopathic community and the general public.
These guidelines are offered as a way to support your work by setting a set of broad parameters for submission for publication. Please, do not hesitate to email us email@example.com if you have questions or concerns about an article you are thinking about writing. We are happy to discuss article ideas with willing writers.
HWC gets thousands of visitors every year and our readers include not only professional homeopaths but also students, lay homeopaths, nurses, coaches, therapists, patients and people looking for health related information. We have readers from all over the world who vary widely in practice experience, homeopathic philosophy and access to homeopathic education. Because of this, we aim to provide a reading culture which is equally varied.
All articles, research papers, are reviewed by our editors before publication. Articles may be sent back for revisions, when applicable.
As a member you can upload your blogs and participate in group discussions without any prior review. However, we encourage you to keep the below generic guidance in mind even for these. If the quality of your blog is not up to the standard, it may be deleted from the site without prior notice.
Benefits of Getting Published at HWC
When your articles or cases get published at HWC, your work will receive the international exposure that it deserves. With thousands of subscribers across the world your work goes beyond any geographical confines.
From young students to the biggest who’s who, everyone gets to read your work. You can even mention your published pieces in your own curriculum vitae.
Paper journals often get archived and the articles published in them become inaccessible after some time. HWC has a searchable article index and the articles once published, always remain accessible to people looking for relevant information.
Subjects to write about:
Homeopathy in general, case studies, education on how homeopathy works for laymen, innovative findings and approaches, Organon and philosophy (general, and approach of specific stalwarts), repertory (general and details/approach to various repertories), homeopathic pharmacy, Materia Medica, research (theoretical/clinical) related to homeopathy, alternative medicine, health, well-being, diet, meditation, nutrition and fitness, vaccination, book-reviews of homeopathic and alternative medicine books etc.
General guidelines for all articles/cases/research material:
- We are accepting only English material. Your submission must be in good quality written English.
- There is no maximum word limit for the articles or cases.
- To submit articles – send your articles as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org The articles can be in .doc / .html / .txt / .rtf / .pdf formats.
- Include a bio of yourself: limit to 200 words approx. Mention your qualification and any research papers or books published. Include your website, if you have one. Send a photograph if possible.
- All articles should contain an Abstract or Summaryof 100 to 200 word-length.
- Italicize all remedies and spell out remedy names completely (i.e. Calcarea carb., not Calc carb. The first word in a two word Latin named remedy is capitalized, the second is not.).
- Use appropriate references, acknowledgments and credits when necessary for books, periodicals, teachers, and computer programs. Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. Authors should provide references to their articles in the same format. We suggest ‘Harvard referencing’ it is the simplest and most common.
- Authors must have copyright of all images shared. The images should be shared in JPEG or PNG format only.
- Do not submit your article simultaneously to other publications.
- HWC reserves the right to republish or translate and publish the articles, cases, images and any other material submitted to it for publication, on any of its associated sites or journal (electronic or paper) in any language.
- The authors are solely responsible for the content of their articles. By publishing an article or case, HWC, its directors/editors do not endorse the views of the author. The author is solely responsible for any legal action/consequences arising due to and from any article, case, image or any other information submitted by the author to HWC including but not limited to plagiarism, confidentiality etc.
- Although HWC tries to review your submission at the earliest possible, there is no fixed time frame during which this will be done. We will try to do this in a timely manner and notify you once this is published.
Guidelines for cases:
- There must be at least one-year follow-up for all chronic cases, and appropriate follow-up for acute cases.
- You should take a patient’s consent prior to submitting his/her case to our journal/website. Also, patient’s identity must be masked, no personal identification data must be shared with us or published on the website. HWC will not be responsible for any litigation arising from non-compliance of this guideline. Patient photographs should cover the eyes and/or any identifiable feature.
- For cases, we are interested in your thought processes during case taking and case analysis and those which reflect your thoughts about the case over long term follow-up. We are less interested in cases which don’t teach much. Feel free to elaborate on the how and why you managed the case as you did. Let readers see your shortcomings, what didn’t work and why and how you were able to turn a case around.
- If you use other modalities simultaneously, describe these in detail: diet, herbal medicine, nutrition, etc.
- If you are presenting a case of an unusual pathology, please, describe briefly the pathophysiology and usual prognosis.
- Include repertorization- why you chose those rubrics, how you actually did the repertorization.
Books, Software, Products for Reviews
Authors and publishers get a unique chance to promote their books amongst the world ‘s largest online homeopathic community.
- Books/Software can be sent to HWC for review by our editors.
- Book reviews from other neutral reviewers can also be submitted for publication.
- Books/Software should be related to homeopathy, alternative medicine or holistic health.
- Write to us at email@example.com with details about the book/software/product you wish to get reviewed and we will give you the name and addresses of the reviewers to ship to.
- The author or the publisher will bear the cost of the book/Software/product and the postage for the book/Software/product. Under no circumstances shall HWC or its board members or its editors pay for the books/Software/products or their postage.
- All books/Software/products sent to HWC are non-returnable.
- Although HWC tries to publish reviews of all the books/Software/product, it does not guarantee that it would publish review of every book that it receives.
- Although HWC tries to review the books/Software/product at the earliest possible, there is no fixed time frame during which a book is reviewed. We will try to do this in a timely manner and notify you once this is published.
- HWC retains exclusive copyright to all the book-reviews and software-reviews written by its editors and published at Homeopathyworldcommunity.com.
Submit your work to us at firstname.lastname@example.org